Range Mobile - Issue 2
In this issue of Range Mobile:
Forward by Henry Rowe >>
- Picture This - breathing life into planning - An augmented reality application that is making seeing believing.
- Range Interview: Peel Ports - Derek Hendry, Group Capital Director of Peel Ports, shares his thoughts with Range - innovative solutions are born during trying times.
- Innovation at Gladstone Dock - manoeuvring Gladstone Dock’s enormous gate structure for specialist refurbishment.
- Capturing Carbon - Carbon Capture and Storage, or CCS will contribute 19 per cent of all emission reductions required by 2050 according to the International Energy Agency.
- Innovation and Recovery - Frank Heemskerk tells us why he believes our innovative ideas for efficiencies in engineering design can help us move closer to financial recovery.
- Chartership and Innovation - Five new Chartered Royal Haskoning engineers tell us how innovation features in their day to day project work.
- Linking Communities - The New Tyne Crossing has opened to traffic, offering thousands of Tyne and Wear motorists an easier daily commute.
- Linking Nations - The world's longest road-rail tunnel will enable drivers to travel between Denmark and Germany in just 10 minutes.
- Southwark Sorted - The Integrated Waste Management Facility on Southwark's Old Kent Road will process all the borough’s household waste and recycling then it becomes operational in 2012.
- Building with Nature - an innovative programme to establish a scientific and practical basis for eco-dynamic development and design, to prevent coastal erosion, and protect and improve ecosystems.
- Re-Wilding the Adur - A pioneering land management scheme described as '‘the most daring wildlife and farming experiment in Britain for years".
- Energy Team - An innovative energy conservation initiative has won the prestigious Green Pearl Award for sustainability and climate projects.
- Sensibel - Royal Haskoning’s noise simulator Sensibel, translates the results of noise surveys into actual ‘live’ sound bites.
- Cool Communications - one of Europe’s most innovative data centres is undergoing design in Portugal
Range Magazine is published quarterly in print, pdf, online and mobile format. More...
Range Online | Royal Haskoning UK Web Site | Contact | About | Subscribe | Back Issues
Copyright © Royal Haskoning - Range Mobile, the Engineering and Environment Magazine